Iran has proposed a new framework for peace talks with the United States that includes compensation for war damage, the withdrawal of U.S. troops from areas near Iranian territory, and an

end to hostilities across the region, according to Iranian state media reports published Tuesday.

Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran’s proposal also calls for the lifting of U.S. sanctions, the release of frozen Iranian assets, and an end to what Iran describes as a U.S. naval blockade, the state-run IRNA news agency reported.

The proposal marks Tehran’s first public comments on the latest diplomatic initiative aimed at easing tensions following months of conflict involving Iran, Israel, and the United States.

The reported terms appear largely consistent with an earlier Iranian offer that U.S. President Donald Trump dismissed last week as “garbage.”

Trump said Monday that he had delayed a planned resumption of military strikes against Iran after receiving the new proposal from Tehran, adding that there was now a “very good chance” of reaching an agreement to curb Iran’s nuclear program.

Reuters could not independently verify whether military preparations for renewed strikes had been underway following the pause in fighting that began after the conflict escalated in late February.

The negotiations come amid growing international pressure to restore stability in the Strait of Hormuz, a critical shipping corridor for global oil and commodity exports. Trump has repeatedly warned Tehran of severe military consequences if talks fail, while also expressing optimism that diplomacy could still succeed.

In a post on social media, Trump said leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates urged him to postpone further military action, arguing that a deal acceptable to both Washington and the broader Middle East remained achievable.

Speaking to reporters later Monday, Trump said the United States’ primary objective remained preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

“There seems to be a very good chance that they can work something out,” Trump said. “If we can do that without bombing the hell out of them, I would be very happy.”

A Pakistani source familiar with the negotiations confirmed that Pakistan, which hosted the only direct round of peace talks last month, had delivered Iran’s latest proposal to Washington as part of ongoing mediation efforts. Photo by Ali khodabakhsh, Wikimedia commons.

UK News

Culture

British Queen

 

British Queen celebrates