
Britain’s former Prince Andrew, the younger brother of King Charles III, has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, amid allegations that he shared confidential government
documents with the late US financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, the BBC reported Thursday.
Thames Valley Police confirmed they have launched an investigation into the allegations. In a statement posted on X, the force said:
“Thames Valley Police have opened an investigation into an offence of misconduct in public office. A man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody.”
The statement did not identify the suspect by name.
Earlier this month, authorities said they were reviewing claims that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor passed sensitive documents to Epstein, based on files recently released by the US government, Reuters reported.
According to British media reports, officers arrived at Wood Farm, the prince’s residence on the Sandringham estate in eastern England, in six unmarked police cars accompanied by around eight plainclothes officers.
Andrew, the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth II, has previously denied any wrongdoing connected to Epstein and has expressed regret over their friendship, Reuters noted.
Buckingham Palace has not issued a comment regarding the arrest.
Photo by Thorne1983, Wikimedia commons.



